Tuesday, October 7, 2008

~+Food Craze+~

Gosh its been soooooo long since I last posted something here. But don't be down, I've got good food destination you can find in Melaka. I've just been too busy to post it up. Just keep in mind that all of these wasn't eaten in one day. Imagine how much weight I gain if I did eat all these in one day.

I start first with my trip to breakfast heaven. It was during one weekend morning when we (me and my housemates) were up so late from playing a game called Taboo. Instead of heading to our rooms to sleep, we went out to eat. We went to eat dim sum nearby my university in Bukit Beruang, Melaka and we ordered A LOT of food. After we ate, I stacked all the dim sum basket on top of each other so that the Tauke can sum up everything. All cost RM36+ for 4 people. Cheap right..


I give you Dim Sum Twin Tower

Next is food fit for a king (for me a queen ;p). This was actually a promotion done at Nandos, Jaya Jusco Melaka. The picture was quite tempting so I just took a chance to try it.


This is how the picture looked like


This is what I got. Really huge chicken kebab, rice, potato wedges and grilled vegs. I couldn't finish it so I requested for them to pack it up for me. A little late night snack for me. Heheheh...

Once in awhile we crave to eat a 5-star meal. I decided to eat at K5, an outdoor coffee house at Equatorial Hotel Melaka. K5 is actually short for Kaki Lima. Hehehe cool rite. One thing really unique about K5 is their menu. Its made like a newspaper from the 50's or 60's with made up news from the olden days and the real menu list printed somewhere in between. So if you wanna order you got to really read carefully. They serve local food such as fried rice, nasi lemak, kueh teow/mee goreng, teochew porridge and western food such as rib-eyed steak, fish and chips, pastas. Really really good food. Portions of the dishes are really worth it.


Sizzling Rib-Eyed Steak with Blackpepper Sauce. The steak was really thick and tender. The meat just melts in your mouth.

Fettucini Carbonara with tomatoes, turkey ham, asparagus and basil and garlic bread. Sauce was creamy and finger licking good. The best way to eat the garlic bread is to dip it into the carbonara sauce. Ummph delicious.

Another 5-star like restaurant is a really small Italian restaurant called the Coconut House, Jonker Walk Melaka. Its really small and nobody really notice it. When I noticed it I quickly jump to the opportunity to try it and I was really satisfied.


The front of the restaurant.


An introduction about the restaurant and the owner.


The clay wood oven used to cook all the pizzas.


A full view of the wood oven. Really classic.


A small private area for lovebirds to enjoy dinner. This is upstairs.


The sound of flowing water below to soothe diners in the private dining area.


The little door that leads to the private dining area.


The traditional baba nyonya house structure. Upstairs corridor with windows. Usually in the house there's an open air area which separates the front and the back of the house. The windows upstairs is just a way for air ventilation (I think). The houses here in jonker walk are long front to back but not wide left to right.


More tables for dining upstairs.


Stepping into the past. Untouched original staircase.

That's a peek of the interior. Now a peek of the food.



For starters, a fresh garden salad and wild mushrooms.



Speciallity drinks Lime Smoothie and Mix Fruit Juice (mix any two fruits you desire).

Types of pizzas. This one is Chicken with Rosemary.


Tuna Capero


Red Hot Chilli Pepper
(Really spicy-chilli padi, green papper, hot sauce and crushed blackpepper)


Look at how thin the crust is. Perfection.

Other dishes offered.


Seafood Carbonara.


Chicken with mushroom. Very rich tomato pasta sauce.
I recommend eating this dish with bread.


Beef Pramigiana
(Beef steak coated with fresh herbs and bread crumbs topped with mozzarella and tomato pasta sauce.)

For dessert.


Baked red wine pear with homemade vanilla ice cream.


Hazelnut Pudding.


Homemade chocolate pudding with homemade vanilla ice cream.





Irish Coffee. Perfect combination of liquor and coffee. Look at the layers.

From Chinese to South African to Italian food. Now we come to Japanese food. When we talk about Japanese food, we always think about sushi. Well instead of always eating sushi, I wanted to try Japanese BBQ and steamboat buffet at Sibaraku Mahkota Parade, Melaka. Each person only have to pay RM29.90++ and you can eat all you want. (Wastage will be charge according to gram)



Each person will be given this charcoal burner for those having the Japanese Charcoal Barbeque.


This is what each person will get for them to BBQ. When you're done with this, you can order more stuff by marking the amount you want on a list of seafood and meat given by the waitress.


This is what you get for ordering the Japanese Shabu-Shabu (Steamboat). You can also order for more from the list of seafood and meat.



Sometimes I just can't resist not eating some sushi.

Well that's about all of what I've enjoyed so far. Posting this really has made my mouth water. Tummy is rumbling right now so I better go make me a tuna sandwich. Hope you readers enjoyed what I've posted.

1 comment:

a n n n a said...

Hey babe, it's been awhile since u last update ur blog. Wow! So much food! When i go kl, i might stop by malacca. SO, u must bring me go hunt food ya. heeehee..

miss u lots!! muaxx *huggles*