Saturday, October 11, 2008

~Vegetarian Anyone???~

Last time when I was a little girl, my grandparents tried to persuade me to eat vegetarian food. As any little kid would, I was like eeewww vegetarian not nice. Tasteless. I only eat meat. But as I grew up, I start to like eating vegetarian food. Not many people know how to make vegetarian food taste good, but for those who knows how to cook it, really finger licking good.



Everything cost RM25.50.

When I first moved here to Melaka, my first friend is a vegetarian. Wait a minute, no my first friend was a Sarawakian girl from Miri. My second friend was a vegetarian. He was my senior and I met him during my orientation programme. Since he was my senior and he should know Melaka well, I asked him where's the best place to eat which is also a walking distance from my house and university. He told me there's a vegetarian restaurant nearby that serves really good food. So he brought me there to have dinner. The restaurant was really small, air-conditioned, very clean and packed. The owner is a devoted Buddist so in the restaurant she played soft music with the sounds of monks chanting in the background. She also sold religious books and cds and pure 100% vegetarian products for customers to puchase.

When our food came, I was surprised with what my friend ordered. He had ordered fish, chicken and mix veg. The fish looked almost like fish and it did taste almost like fish. Chicken looked almost like chicken cut into cubes and it taste almost like chicken. Really delicious. Since then I got hooked and have been going there whenever I feel like eating vegetarian for a change.

A couple of days ago I went back there to order take away. I was too lazy to cook at home and I knew that the restaurant will be pack as usual. So this are a few dishes that I ordered.



Fried Chicken with Dried Chilli.


Assam Fish.


Fried Baby Kailan.


Fried Abalone Mushroom with Butter.

Looks yummy right. I can bet you if I were to bring any of my meat lover friends here to eat, they will sure change their minds about going vegetarian once in awhile because I sure did.

No comments: