Friday, November 16, 2007

~+My October Holiday Memories : Part III+~

Hello again, yes its me... hahah.. Welcome to Part III of My October Holiday Memories. This is where i tell you the most exciting and interesting part of my holiday. Actually it was during my very last week in Kuching before i would have to fly back to Malacca. Anyway, my last week started off like this..

Anna messaged me and asked what should we get Angel for her birthday since it was around the corner (not really though.. we start planning on the 27th of October but her birthday is on th 8th of November). Anyways, we were thinking what would be an appropriate gift for 21st birthday that is nice and wouldn't cost us much (we were all broke at the time.. ;p). After much thinking, we've decided to throw an early birthday dinner for her and also a tradition of ours, bake her a cake. I suggested we held the dinner at Little Lebanon since i was dying to try the food there coz Anna posted about it on her blog that it was a nice place to eat. Anna then suggested we bake her a cheese cake. After agreeing, Anna then did her job of spreading the word to our buddies (except Angel of course... it's a surprise...). That same night i planned with Anna on what day should we go shopping for ingredients and reservation and most importantly how to get Angel to come to dinner with us without her knowing that the dinner was for her. The job of inviting her went to me... ;D

After much thinking of what white lie to tell her, i finally found one that she cannot refuse. I quickly messaged Anna what i was going to say and she agreed. The next day i met up with Angel at her campus after dropping off my elder sister at the same campus. I had accompanied Angel to a very late lunch. It was more like heavy tea coz we ordered noodle and fried macaroni. Then we were chatting about girl stuff, school reunion and finally i popped the question (hahah sound as if im proposing to her.. ;p) I asked her can she go out on the 31st of October for dinner coz me and Anna plan to have a farewell dinner for me (this is the white lie). She said she would have to ask her parents first but she hope she can come. Feeling relieved, Mission 1 : DONE. Next on the list, Mission 2. That evening Angel went online and chat with Anna. She asked Anna whats the plan and who is going. So Anna filled her with the info she needed to know. Thankfully Anna didn't accidentally blurt out any unwanted info that Angel mustn't know. Anna is a very good partner in crime.

The next day, Anna asked me if i could go ingredient shopping with her and at the same time make dinner reservation at Little Lebanon during her lunch break. I was totally free so i said ok. While i was getting ready to go pick Anna up, Angel messaged me asking me am i free at 2-5pm. I was in trouble. What in the world am i going to say to her without blowing the secret. At first i wanted to tell her i've got plans to go have lunch with Anna, but later she will get upset coz we didn't invite. It took me awhile to reply Angel but suddenly a stroke of genius hit me. I replied Angel saying that i would only be free at 4pm coz i had to run some errands for my dad (so sorry Angel for lying to you.. It was for your own good..). So she agreed of me meeting up wif her at 4pm. So off me and Anna went to undergo Mission 2. When i picked Anna up, i told Anna about the lie i told Angel and she was like ''wah liu... nasib din blow our secret". Then she told me Angel did give her a call asking what she was doing. Anna told her that she had class one whole day. We both laughed at how close it was for blowing the secret but we made it through. Our mission started off by first going to lunch, then went to Little Lebanon to do reservation but unfortunately it was closed (blooody...) then we went shopping for ingredients in India Street.

While i was trying to find parking opposite Open Air, it suddenly rained. How much worst can that day be right. But the rain can't stop me and Anna from completing our mission. We shared an umbrella and ran through the heavy rain. We were wet from running through the rain when we got to the shop. Without wasting any time, we went straight to business. We got most of our ingredient already in a basket but Anna was worried about the cheese. The shop didn't sell a smaller portion of the cheese. Only big ones and they were expensive. So Anna went to ask nicely to one of the salesgirls if there is an alternative mix to make cheese cake. This is where Anna's day went bad. This is the conversation (all spoken in mandarin which i only understand a bit) :

Anna : Do you sale ready made cheese cake?
Salesgirl : No we don't sale ready made ones. But we got sale the cheese cake flour.
Anna : Oh ok. Do you have a recipe to make simple cheese cake?
Salesgirl: (Jeling at Anna, finds cheese cake recipe and put on the counter.)
Anna : (Hati mula panas at the salesgirl but tries to cover by replying nicely). After we set the
cake in the baking pan hor, then how to transfer the cake onto the board without ruining
the bottom of the cake le?
Salesgirl: (Replying Anna in a sarcastic manner) You just take out the cake and transfer to the
board lor.
Anna : (Hati semakin panas) I know but wouldn't the bottom crumble?
Salesgirl : Then you use a ring lor.
Anna : (Hati lagi panas) I don't have the ring that's why i use a detachable baking pan. So how?
Salesgirl : Then you put the board in the pan lor.
Anna : (Tempreture went up another 10 degrees so Anna change question) Do you sell the
cheese cake mix?
Salegirl : Got. We got 1kg one, 500g one.
Anna : The 1kg one can make how big le?
Salesgirl : The 1kg one can make many many cakes lor.
Anna : (Tempreture went up to 100 degrees) Give me 500g cheese cake mix.
Salesgirl : (Shout to the back of the shop) Eh tolong ambil itu cheese mix 500g punya.
(Suddenly the tauke came out)
Tauke : How much of cheese mix?
Salesgirl : 500g.
Tauke : (Came out from the back handing Anna the 500g cheese mix)
Anna : (Trying to calm down) Tauke, if i set this mixture into a baking pan, how to transfer the
cake onto the board without the bottom crumbling?
Tauke : You have to use a ring then you can just straight away set the cake onto the board.
Anna : What ring size should i use le?
Tauke : For 500g you use 8'' ring enough. (Takes down an 8'' ring for Anna). You set the ring
on the board, then u set the mixture into the ring and when you're satisfied, you shake
the ring about and slowly remove the ring. Better you spread a bit of butter around the
ring first before you put in the mixture so that it won't stick.
Anna : Oh ok. Thank you.

Finally, we went to get the board and box and candles and we paid. While walking back to the car, me and Anna was cursing the salesgirl. But we later laughed about it. In the car Angel called me up and asked me am i coming over to meet her yet. I told her yes i was and she asked me to help pick Naomi up too. I asked Anna does she want to go home or follow me go hang out. Anna decided to hang with us but how is she going to explain why is she with me? So Anna came up with an idea to call Angel up to tell her that her class got canceled and she told me to go pick her up too to hang out. Angel totally bought it. Got to Naomi's house and we quickly brief her on what's going on. Reached Swinbunre and we were hanging out like normal. Mission 2 : DONE.

I think i should stop here for now... Wait for the continuation of My October Holiday Memories : Part III.. Chao..

No comments: