Wednesday, November 14, 2007

~+My October Holiday Memories: Part II+~

Hello one and all to Part II of My October Holiday Memories. Well this part here is where i tell you about how i spent my day with my beloved Anna. This happened unplanned at all. At first as usual i will wake up at 6.00am to get my little sister ready for school. Then went back home. At around 8.00 ish am, i got a message from Anna. This is what it read, "Drea you wanna go breakfast onot? I got no class today. I kena tipu. My training centre is still on holiday." My response to her is, "Hahaha... Kesian you wake up so early for nothing.. K k lets go have breakfast.. I go mandi first.." So off i went to get ready and around 9.00 ish i think, i went to pick Anna up from home. In the car as usual this question pops up "So where do you wanna eat?" I told Anna why don't we go have dim sum.. She intro to me this place in chinatown where the 'ta pau' is really nice. So off we went. But unfortunately the shop was closed. Damn.. Where to next? Since we were near padungan, Anna suggested we go to Causeway Bay Hong Kong Restaurant to eat.

As u can see below, i've ordered set A. Looks nice le.... Seriously it was not bad at all..


Iced tea, two types of dim sum and chicken pau (which they clearly written as char siow pau in the menu).. Don't it look just mouth watering... *drool*

Anna on the other hand saw set G. She ask me how does spinach noodle taste like. I said i dunno. It taste like vege i guess.. Hahaha... Ya i know.. Duh.... What the heck, Anna went and gave it a try. This is how her set looked like.


Hot Ying yong tea and Spinach Noodle.



While we were enjoying our breakfast, we started chatting and as we chat, we watched a chinese artist video clip. Song was not bad but suddenly the clip got scratches. Hahaha kantoi buy cetak rompak vcd. Then i was looking around the restaurant and i saw that there were two working ladies sitting two tables away from us. One is chinese and one is malay. Then i saw what they were eating. To my surprise, the malay lady was eating the same pau as i am eating. It clearly printed in the menu that it is char siow pau.. Why is she eating char siow pau????? I told Anna and she also was shocked. Then Anna said no la. Cannot be la... This restaurant is halal.. I didn't take her pic but u can see it on Anna's blog.. hahahha... Suddenly Anna started complaining bout her tea. She said that it tasted like normal tea. She ask me to take a sip and yes it did taste like ordinary tea. So she called for the waiter and requested that her tea be changed. The waiter took the tea and gave it to the person who made the drinks. The drink maker said to the waiter that he cannot change the drink. So the waiter gave back the tea to Anna and told her that she cannot change the drink.. So Anna hot lor.. She so tidak puas hati til she didn't want to finish her tea. Because she so hot at the drink maker, we decided to go. We asked for the bill and in the bill printed she ordered ying yong tea but she didn't really get her ying yong tea.. Below is a pic of the receipt.



As we were heading to my car, Anna told me she wanted to try to make pau. I said i wanted to learn too so we headed to a baking goods shop right next to Hock Lee. After buying the ingredients needed, we headed to Anna's house to do some baking...



Steps and more pics on how to really make Red Bean Pau, feel free to visit annna.net.



This is me eating the final product o our hard work. >_< Red bean pau. Yum yum... After this hard and tiring experience, we are never taking handmade pau makers for granted ever again.

That's all for now.. Til my next part of My October Holiday Memories.. Chao...

No comments: