Friday, July 9, 2010

~+Korea Town+~

This post is kinda late but I'll just post it. ^_^ This happened during my trip to KL on the day South Korea vs Uruguay for World Cup 2010. My trip up to KL was to attend a wedding and I happened to stay overnight. Since that night was the game of South Korea vs Uruguay, where else would be the best place to watch the match but at Korea Town itself in Ampang. I call it Korea Town coz most KL people would know that Ampang is populated by Koreans. The experience was awesome!

Koreans and locals all gathered at a parking lot to watch the game together. Young and old Koreans equipped with inflatable blue sticks (I have no idea what it's really called), drums and cheers!

They were very friendly. There was also slices of watermelon served to everyone to quench their thirst from the excruciating hot weather. Really nice of them. Everyone was like one big family there.


When Korea scored their first goal, everyone cheered loudly accompanied with the sound of beating drums. All cheers were in hangul (Korean language) which makes my experience extra exciting. Felt like I was really in Korea. LoL...

While I was there, I was curious to see a few youngsters eating some sort of ice cream. A food lover I am, I walked into a Korea supermarket and bought one.

This is chocolate flavor.
(easiest on the taste buds for something new)

This is kinda minty flavored. It taste more like F&N Fizzy Pamelo.


This is how it looked like inside the package. I love it. No drips. ^_^

I had so much fun on that night. I also managed to eye a few cute Korean guys. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to intro myself and snap a picture or two with them. I was too busy cheering for South Korea team. My most memorable moment.













No comments: